53 yo lady for EUA rectum/biopsy – rectal mass. Recent colonoscopy
- Potential neuroendocrine disease secondary to rectal mass – flushing, tachycardia, and sweats
- PET-avid thyroid nodule as well.
- Note: Patient thought she was peri menopausal.
- Endocrine discussion – carcinoid? Chromograffin A – mildly elevated. Not significant and no increased risk of Carcinoid disease or syndrome as per endocrine and surgeon.
- TSH – low 0.16. ? hyperthyroid. T3 and T4 pending. Would that be a reasonable explanation?
- Any further tests required? Can we test to see if patient is menopausal – discuss with Gynae
- Free T3/T4 – normal
- FSH and LH – normal
- Discussed with endocrine : no further investigation or management indicated. Unlikely menopausal.
- Proceed to surgery.