PIG Meeting: 8th July 2021
- Patient for Cystoscopy under LA.
- Patient confused in anaesthetic bay, said he had not ceased his blood thinner, as requested by surgical team.
- Medication had been ceased appropriately in clinic, with removal from the Webster pack by his pharmacy.
- SDDOS had been informed by his wife that he hadn’t taken it but that wasn’t passed on to the anaesthetist (or documented in their admission notes)
- Follow up under way to determine if any potential for improved communication regarding issues such as this.
- If any doubt exists of day-of-surgery regarding medication management, enquiries can be made with the periop clinic nurses, SDDOS, the patient’s pharmacy or through visual inspection of the Webster pack (if available).